Saturday, December 5, 2015

allietare...



 It is so difficult to write about quilting when the world seems so sad and crazy but I thought I'd show my completed Part 1 from Bonnie Hunter's new quiltalong. Having just finished my first block swap am now keen to try a mystery. Perhaps because of the current chaos, the order of being told what to make is very appealing. The original suggested colour palette is drawn from BH's recent trip to Italy but I am using a woodcut print from Japan as inspiration. Instead of black, red, gold, neutrals and grey the quilt will be made of charcoal/black, blue/green, brown/orange, whites with sage green as the constant. Veering in quilting between two extremes of working- intuitively and to precision seems to be the new norm. Right now simplifying the creative act to choosing fabrics is very comforting sewing...


10 comments:

  1. sewing a quilt is very healing for the maker.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true and welcome! I admire your work tremendously:)

      Delete
  2. I like your color choices. Can't wait to see how it turns out compared to the original.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie! A bit of a risk as you have no idea where the colours will go. Hope it turns out. Will see soon enough:)

      Delete
  3. Lovely inspiration for your colour scheme.

    Joining with others around the world doing something creative helps me think about the good things, and reminds me that most people are nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you are right. 1% of the planet messes it up for the other 99%. The majority are good. Thanks for the reminder:)

      Delete
  4. The world has always been, will always be a beastly place. We must do what we love with the people we love to push the beast away. You've a lovely palette, I am eager to see what this becomes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What an incredibly articulate way to describe the world and very sound advice! Thank you…

      Delete
  5. You will love whatever Bonnie comes up with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The past mysteries have looked fantastic!

      Delete