Thursday, July 23, 2015

red and white...


Four years ago the American Folk Art Museum in NYC staged the most extraordinary exhibition of red and white quilts. I remain a bitter kitten that I didn't see the quilts in person but am thrilled to discover that a book is coming out at the end of September. You can pre-order it here and at the museum's shop. The book will contain lots of interesting and insightful articles but what is most exciting is that images of all 650 quilts from the exhibit are included. The wait will be worse than as a kid counting down days to Christmas...


6 comments:

  1. Thanks for this good news! I've been waiting for this to come out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I was getting worried that creation of the book was just a rumor:)

      Delete
  2. I just checked the Canadian Amazon site and it is even cheaper there! I might just have to order it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you must! Am sure there will be something in there to tempt you:)

      Delete
  3. Finally!!! I can't wait to get it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was starting to think that this books publication was the quilt version of the urban myth:)

      Delete