Thursday, July 2, 2015

dreaming of india...


Have you ever had a quilt dream?
I've been dying to go to India for ages. We've mapped out the ultimate trip in every detail including a short safari on horseback, riding Marwari horses a breed native to Rajasthan. Last week, I had the most vivid dream that I made a quilt from all of these travel plans. Upon waking, I felt compelled to actually make it in real life...


The background is lots of randomly sewn strips and triangles inspired by the spice markets and the beautiful architecture...


The plan is to add some rajasthani-inspired embroidery and applique a giant purple Indian horse across the top...


Have no idea whether the end result will be inspired or hideous but have decided to make what makes me happy:)




10 comments:

  1. Fabulous! Yes, make what makes you happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Working on ridding fear of judgement whether my own or others:)

      Delete
  2. I love the colours you are using - it is so rich and warm! I say do what makes you happy. Can't wait to see it with the horse and embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen! Having a few technical difficulties drawing the horse but hope to show progress soon:)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful quilt! I'm sure the horse will add so much. Maybe this quilt will make your trip dream come true!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nifty! I hope so. Seem to be doing a remarkable job convincing all my friends to go:)

      Delete
  4. I've had the same dream. I also made a quilt about India and it is one of my all time favorites. I hope your Bombay Dreams come true!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Photo of your quilt please! I'd love to see it:)

      Delete
  5. My dream is to go to India with my quilty friends... I sure hope it comes true! I think that purple horse definitely belongs in the quilt. You must go with all the embroidery you can in this quilt. It will be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sujata! Will you lead the tour to India?!

      Delete