Friday, February 27, 2015

rip spock...


Well it is a very sad day. Leonard Nimoy has passed away. This fine actor is best known for his role as Spock in the series Star Trek. That role was his legacy and probably also his curse. On television, Star Trek was in reruns around the world forever. It was a pretty ground-breaking series exploring issues of civil rights, war and other political concepts behind the guise of science fiction. As a child, Spock was my first onscreen crush or as I like to joke- he was the first emotionally unavailable man I ever fell in love with:)

No wonder that geek love for Spock found its way into the quilt above sewn by an unknown maker...


This talented artist made a wall hanging...


Inexplicably, Leonard Nimoy also made this video. In it, he sings about hobbits...

Condolences to his loved ones. To his family he was a man. To the rest of us he was an iconic part of our childhoods...
RIP LN

 


8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks so much Barb! Apparently his last words were "Live long and prosper"...

      Delete
  2. Now there's something I would've bought without having to think!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great quilts! Did you make the top one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't make either of them. The shot of the Spock quilt was taken somewhere in the US and sent to me by a friend who knows I'm a closeted Trekkie. Evidently, in the Sci Fi world that sewer is a closeted quilter because I can't find out the maker's name or if it was made from a published pattern:)

      Delete
  4. The ending of an era. I wonder if he's responsible for MY attraction to emotionally unavailable men, too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well if James Dean among others sent women charging towards the bad boys I don't see why Spock couldn't send a few towards his own kind as well:) Thankfully, I ended up with a Bones:)

      Delete