Monday, January 5, 2015

hello 2015's pantone masala...


Pantone's color for 2015 is Masala which on the Kona chart most resembles Wine with a little Brick and Sienna thrown in. It reminds me of a darker version of a popular dusky rose red from the late 80's. Think I prefer it as a dark accent like in the quilts below and in the vintage hooked rug above which would look amazing as a log cabin quilt. Masala does look great in larger swathes in genuinely antique quilts and there are some very tempting reproduction fabrics out there. As for 2015, this year my goal is plainly just to sew. 2014 was a disaster on the making front. Here's hoping most of all that my family is healthier, my computer and sewing machine also cooperate and that I can carve out way more personal time. Would also like to catch up on months of blog posts as I feel very out of touch and am dying to see what you've all been up to... Happy New Year!

Wine:
Brick:
Sienna:

Reproduction fabrics:


More quilts with Masala as an accent:




6 comments:

  1. I have to say I am not a fan of Marsala! But that's just me.
    I hope your family stays healthy too so you have time to sew and we can see what you are making!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly! Don't feel quite myself when I don't sew. Am sure you can relate!

      Delete
  2. I love every single photo in this post. I think this color has so many possibilities. If it wasn't for this busy time of my life, I would have started a new quilt right away!
    Welcome back to blogging. I hope good health and calm for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sujata! I hope you have a creative and fulfilling year too:)

      Delete
  3. I like little pops of the colour Marsala - it adds depth and richness. A little glass of Marsala isn't bad either!

    ReplyDelete