Thursday, January 15, 2015

actual sewing...



Decided to get back into the swing of things  by sewing the scraps from my neutrals storage bin. I wish I had a before picture because loose the strips really looked quite colorless but it is amazing how much color slipped in. Anyway, the plan is to use a fair whack of the following:


Plus some accents of these including a Pantone's Marsala-like solid:


To make a striped star quilt. At this stage I can't decide on six or eight points. One of the goals for
this year is to challenge myself to use palettes that make me a little uncomfortable and try using hues that initially I am not fond of. We'll see if this strategy makes that burgundy a winner...


6 comments:

  1. Looks great so far! Love those clear colored solids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That Masala colour is tough to wear but hopefully it is more flattering over a sleeping body rather than on an upright one:)

      Delete
  2. great scraps, they'll look great with the solids. I love mixing too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barb! There certainly is a weird mix of print styles in there…

      Delete
  3. I love all those scraps! I can't wait to see which star you choose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly! I'm leaning towards the six point but am open to opinions:)

      Delete