Thursday, July 31, 2014

hexie obsession...




Current obsession is this vintage quilt from Granny Loz in Australia that I first caught a glimpse of at FMQ goddess Karen's blog. Actually I owe another Karen thanks for sending me there. Am determined to learn to free motion on a domestic machine and have been wanting to make a hexagon quilt. That blog is the perfect intersection of these two desires. Her skill set is extraordinary and I'm avidly reading all her tutorials and planning on going through the archives too. Between Faeries and FibresLeah Day's Youtube channel, Diane Gaudynski's classic book and at least 15 minutes a day hopefully I'll pick up a few skills of my own. In the mean time, isn't this quilt a beauty?! Love the colors, the fussy cutting and the shape of the lozenges...



9 comments:

  1. Wow! A knockout of a quilt. Try Cindy Needham's Craftsy course for fmq. It's excellent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think about that quilt more than is probably healthy ;) Thank you so much for the tip. On my way to sign up for that course!

      Delete
  2. yes, it is a beauty, and yes, love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So cheerful! If I didn't live on the other side of the world I'd try to arrange a closer look:)

      Delete
  3. what an awesome quilt!! love those kitchy colors and print combinations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I love the mix too! It would good in a variety of fabric types...

      Delete
  4. I love this setting and the background. I am convinced that I need a hexagon project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We may be the only two left who haven't made a hexagon quilt yet:)

      Delete
  5. We may be the only two left who haven't made a hexagon quilt yet:)

    ReplyDelete