Tuesday, June 3, 2014

denver art museum...


This is the longest I haven't sewn a stitch in as long as I can remember. This sad occurrence is due to other commitments capped off my my sewing machine's admission to the hospital. So thanks to some tips from quilty friends, I wanted to write about the Denver Art Museum which is exhibiting some of the most beautiful quilts in their collection. This gorgeous one is from Lancaster Pennsylvania and is dated to the late 1800's. The second was made by an unknown quilter in the same time period. It would be great to see all of the works in person but there is an exhibition catalog... 


10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Aren't they? I'd love to remake both of them!

      Delete
  2. Amazing quilts - thanks for the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome! Am definitely going to order the catalog to see what other gems this museum is displaying:)

      Delete
  3. As Sales Manager for Triangles On A Roll, that first one with about a bazillion triangles makes my heart sing! wow!
    Sorry to hear you have had to take a break from sewing. Hopefully you can be back to fun soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have to confess I did think of you when I saw the first quilt:)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Makes me want to go to Denver to see what else is hanging on the wall:)!

      Delete
  5. Wow! These quilts are amazing!

    ReplyDelete