Tuesday, June 17, 2014

cultural fusion...


It is always exciting to discover that one of your favorite quilters has written a book. Sujata Shah is an American artist who hails from India the country where legend Diana Vreeland famously declared that "pink is the navy blue" in reference to the people's love of color. Sujata's book is called "Cultural Fusion" and is available for pre-order. If you have never seen her quilts stop reading this and go immediately to her blog. Whether improvisationally pieced or derived from more traditional blocks her work is always a playful and exciting mix of vibrant hues and prints. I expect her book will contain more of this wonderful same and I can't wait to see it!

12 comments:

  1. This looks a lot like Material Obsession's Fractured Quilt. Great way to use scraps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All of her quilts are so colorful and definitely great for scraps!

      Delete
  2. I'm very excited for this book too! Sujata is a wealth of ideas and great artistic sense. She has so much to share with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's also such a kind and generous spirit. I expect this book will be a great success!

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much! You are always so kind with your words. I can not wait to share this book with the world and curious to see where it leads everyone including myself.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Sujata all kind words are completely deserved. I can't wait to see where your book leads everyone too:)

      Delete
  4. It is going to be a best seller, the quilts in it are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you seen them already? Lucky you!

      Delete
  5. I simply cannot wait to get this one!! I love Sujata's work. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! She's amazing. When is yours coming out:)???

      Delete
  6. so excited for my friend and her new book. Can't wait to get my own copy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Have you had a sneak peek at it already?!

      Delete