Tuesday, August 13, 2013

meet me in st. louis...



It has not been much of a summer for indoor creativity. Above are the first few blocks of my St. Louis 16 Patch that I originally wrote about here. I must say, if you are having problems getting into a sewing groove this pattern is the cure. It is easy to make the blocks and because of their size the fabrics really sing. It seems to look great in every possible kind of print. At this stage, mine is a bit too like a checkerboard but am hoping that this is just the random nature of the sewing order. There are some less contrasting combinations coming up. This quilt is going to be a monster in size but it is tremendously satisfying to sew...

Hope you are all well out there?! I look forward to reading and catching up on everyone's blogs...

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I wish I had the time to make the St. Louis 16 Patch with you. Such a great way to use up scraps. Love your color selections.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nedra! Now that you are the "Queen of Triangles" you have no time for squares;)

      Delete
  2. It's beautiful! Looking forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you LeeAnn! Am having fun reconnecting with my machine...

      Delete
  3. Loving this, but then, I do love everything you create! xo

    ReplyDelete