Wednesday, August 28, 2013

good gadget...



 When I need to iron for a long time and am pressing more challenging fabrics that require lots of steam and weight, I use a gravity feed iron. I wheel it around hooked up to an IV stand that I bought from a medical supply store. It is fantastic but it sucks power and when pressing just a couple of cotton quilt blocks sewn with stolen minutes is often overkill.  I found this gadget for the domestic iron which keeps the cord held safely taut, up and out of the way . It is called the Cordminder. It was around $10 and clips to the ironing board. Love it...

7 comments:

  1. I had never seen a gravity feed before, interesting and serious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to get this corn minder - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has definitely saved me from self-electrocution!

      Delete
  3. I've never heard of a gravity feed iron. It was interesting to read about them from your link. That must look quite interesting having the cord wind through an IV stand. My ironing board is just a simple one, but it came with an attached cord minder, which is very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is an industrial iron that would usually hang from a hook in the ceiling. I wanted mobility hence the IV stand. I bought it because I was fed up after a run of buying and breaking domestic irons. That's great that you found a board with a cord minder already attached!

      Delete