Wednesday, July 10, 2013

st. louis 16 patch...


Unexpectedly, we have a chance to get out of town for a bit. I've been trying to prep some projects so that I can mindlessly sew upon my return. Thanks to a suggestion by Andie, above is the fabric cut up to put together one of these:


Steffani's amazing tutorial and this inspiring Flickr pool make for what will be easy and stash busting summer sewing...

Not sure what the weather is like where you are but after a record breaking storm apparently we now live in Venice. Am not sure whether to pack the car or build a boat. Thankfully, there are no fatalities but lots of people are still without power and there is another storm forecast for tonight...


8 comments:

  1. We've been reading a lot about Toronto. Is your home OK? And the St. Louis 16 patch is on my to-do list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are dry. Our home has lots of grass and trees surrounding it to soak everything up. Others are definitely not so lucky. This climate change is pretty scary. Thank you so much for your concern!

      Delete
  2. Beware, this quilt block is addictive! I started it over the weekend and have 30 blocks pieced already. I have enough fabric cut to make a large king size one. It will be a monster to quilt. Once I read the blog about it, I knew it would be a 'do it now vs. a some day' quilt. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard about this addictive quality. 30 blocks in a weekend?! Wow!

      Delete
  3. My gosh! Where do you live?! Glad to hear you and hour house are OK. This quilt looks like one I'm going to have to do. Aargh, and I was going to quilt a bunch of tops before making more. Have fun on your trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In Toronto-a city which is usually drier! The appeal for me about this quilt is the simplicity/ bang for your visual buck ratio! Am sure yours will be stunning:)

      Delete
  4. This is a great quilt....I will most likely cave and start yet another quilt!
    What colors are you thinking or will it be scrappy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure if it is the influence of all the water we've been deluged with but I'm making it with lots of blues, greens and white. Please cave!

      Delete