Tuesday, June 25, 2013

quiltmania mania...



Well I'm not sure how this blog gap happened. I have very little news on the quilting front. The TWENTY gallery for the Quilt Alliance auction and exhibit is up and there are many interesting works.  I hope they all sell well...

There's been more catching up with reading about sewing than actual 3D sewing going on around here. The fabric purchase drought in this house has sadly not extended to book buying. These are the latest titles that have arrived since Christmas. They are all books from Quiltmania. Their magazine is wonderful and all their publications are a guaranteed addition to any quilter's library.

The latest is "Promenade In A Dutch Garden" by Petra Prins & An Moonen. It is just fantastic. They have taken antique quilts and recreated them in new fabrics. While the new ones are fairly traditional, the designs are beautiful and would look equally gorgeous in modern prints. My interest in the book is in the old quilts as I love to learn about other countries' patchwork traditions. Here are a few of the works featured in the book...





The following are some more super titles from Quiltmania. An awful lot of the authors are Australian. Must be something in the water! They are all excellent reads...





12 comments:

  1. I want them all! They look fabulous and very inspirational.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! You won't regret getting any of them...

      Delete
  2. I love Qultmania, it's always inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right! I love how Quiltmania covers the whole world of quilting and not just France...

      Delete
  3. looks like some great books to peruse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Am feeling very spoiled! I got two for my birthday in January and have been so busy that I've barely cracked open the covers...

      Delete
  4. Drool... I need ALL of these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is how I pulled it off- Anniversary, Christmas, Birthday, Valentine's Day and one present from myself!

      Delete
  5. I have the primarily quilts and feathering the nest. They are stunning. I have just ordered Promenade In A Dutch Garden together with some back issues of Quiltmania, too. I love Quiltmania, especially those civil war era designs... they are different from those feature in American quilting magazines.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous books, I'm so happy I have most of these. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is like a reflex action to just order whatever Quiltmania publishes. You just know you're going to love it. You should have a book in the works!

      Delete