Friday, May 24, 2013

steampunk...



Now that for the present, my fabric buying habit is under control, I'm looking for interesting things to make with and use up what I have. Who doesn't love a modern spin on a traditional block? This quilt designed by the talented Jen Kingwell is called "Steam Punk". There is already a Quilt Along that can be found and joined on Flickr. Jeanette's  gorgeous version is what got me interested in making this quilt. I bought the pattern from Amitie and even better some inexpensive templates for this pattern from Sunset Seams. If you live in the West don't be put off by the fact that these suppliers are in Australia, both shipments arrived faster than a package sent from my relatives in Florida...



8 comments:

  1. so cool to know there are templates for Steam Punk! thanks so much for the link. I have the pattern on my to-do list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! Have wanted to make this since I saw it too but couldn't get my head around using freezer paper or making my own templates. The ones from Sunset Seams are laser cut plastic and accurate...

      Delete
  2. what a cool quilt along - great shapes and fabrics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Join in! I'm sure you'd make something gorgeous!!!

      Delete
  3. I love the quilt, what colors are you thinking?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone is making grey ones but I'm thinking acid greens and turquoise. Not sure- any suggestions?

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Yes... I hope mine lives up to the original!

      Delete