Wednesday, March 27, 2013

another oldie but goodie...


After my last rather wordy post am going to keep it short today... A great site to look for inspiration and the best gifts ever is 1st Dibs a place that self-proclaims to advertise "the most beautiful things on earth" for sale. I have little interest in the fantasy real estate but often comb through looking for interesting objects and art. The timeless Bull's Eye beauty above was made in 1880 and is definitely ripe for reinterpretation. You can read more about this quilt and even purchase it here...



And another one listed from Gee's Bend especially for Nifty ...


10 comments:

  1. Love the Bullseye Quilt, but doubt I'm in the First Dibs price range. I will just have to admire it from afar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I'm out of the 1st Dibs price range but I love to "window shop"!

      Delete
  2. I love that Gee's Bend quilt. Gorgeous! Got to go there and check it out. Thanks for sharing these beautiful quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool site! I love both of these quilts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With a lottery win, I could do some serious damage there!

      Delete
  4. Wow! Both quilts are amazing. That Gee's Bend one makes me itch to go and sew. Thanks for posting these and for thinking of me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It reminded me of you because of your most precise answer to what kind of quilts inspired you on my giveaway post!

      Delete
  5. I wish I had more time to dedicate to making a quilt like that 1st one. Sigh...

    ReplyDelete