Monday, January 7, 2013

resolution 2013...

                 


This expression was all over the internet in 2012. While I did my best to ignore the wisdom of this homily I can't help but admire the bloggers that took its sentiment to heart. Many people and in particular Mrs Cactus Needle are inspiring me to try to sew solely out of my stash in 2013. I  have so much fabric and my tastes are changing that I've decided to "make" like a maniac this year and donate or swap fabric that I know if I'm honest with myself will never be used. Am going to pledge to buy only what I need to finish projects such as thread, batting, backing and maybe the odd fat quarter or thrift shop score. With a January birthday as well as Christmas presents, I also have gift certificates in my arsenal. After they are used, no more...

In the interests of full disclosure, I will say that I received lots of textile goodies over the holidays including "Architextures" by Carolyn Friedlander and "Type" by Julia Rothman. Am besotted with both these lines. I love this trend of illustrators turning into fabric designers...

Any New Year's resolutions out there or are you all laughing too hard at the idea of not buying new fabric???



6 comments:

  1. I'll look forward to seeing what you make from your stash! Happy 2013.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks LeeAnn... I'm more excited to see what you get up to in 2013!

      Delete
  2. I'm not into resolutions and I'd break yours if it was mine in a heartbeat. I ordered some Oakshott cottons with some of my Christmas gift money, can't wait for it to arrive. I'll enjoy watching you create from your stash this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes, I forgot about Oakshott!?! Kryptonite!!! I'll have to enjoy it vicariously through you...

      Delete
  3. Sew glad I could add some inspiration for 2013. I will be working from my stash too, so we can be partners!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am amazed by how many beautiful projects you made in 2012. Realize that everything I need is already on my shelves so thank you... Here's to 2013 and stash busting!

      Delete