Tuesday, August 28, 2012

quiltish... all the love in the world...



Since all my furniture is pushed into the middle of every room as we are having our windows replaced, making things is not on the agenda this week. I thought I would share the work of an inspiring artist from Australia. The quilt-like photo above is a collage of colorful images taken by Jesse Hunter. He is a Melbourne photographer who travelled the world and noticed a recurring theme of love hearts appearing in many of his shots. He is self-publishing a book of all these beautiful photos taken over a period of almost 2 years and in over 40 countries on all the continents. It is called "All The Love in the World". You can learn more about his wonderful work here...





14 comments:

  1. That's beautiful! Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the internet for discovering this kind of project!

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful idea, thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really looking forward to the book!

      Delete
  3. Cool! Thanks. I'll look for the book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some of the photos of African children with hearts printed on their shirts are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I heartily (pun intended) agree with you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Am really looking forward to seeing the individual photos that make up the mosaic!

      Delete
  7. Hi, Susannah. Yes, what lovely work. I find the heart to be overused and worn out as a symbol, and yet, Jesse breathes new life into it. I think this is also cultural symbol. When I see it in Muslim countries, it seems artificial and Western. One could get into a l-o-n-g conversation on the subject.
    best, nadia

    ReplyDelete
  8. The 80's "Country" decorating trend killed the heart for me but like many things after a long absence it looks fresh and sweet... What does the heart symbolize or not symbolize in Muslim countries?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Susannah! Your're book is on the way!!! I'm sure it will reach you before Christmas :)
    Thanks so much for all of your support and interest in my project.
    Cheers
    Jesse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you Jesse and welcome... I'm really looking forward seeing all your fantastic shots!

      Delete