Tuesday, August 21, 2012

new book...



I'm really excited to write about this upcoming book "Modern Designs for Classic Quilts" by authors Kelly Biscopink and the delightful Andie Johnson. Andie and I became friendly after participating in an online quilt contest. We both liked each other's entry and as it turns out each other quite a bit too. She is a super talented quilter with a huge heart and a quick wit to match. Her book is available for pre-order and promises to put a new spin on time-honored favorites. She has a fantastic eye so you know this book is going to be really good. Can't wait to see it!

Not sure if this quilt of A's is in the book. It is the best Spider Web quilt... You can see more of her work here.



8 comments:

  1. I really like the quilt on the cover. I've always wanted to do a log cabin. One of those traditional quilts that is very easy, but I've never gotten around to making. I think my Log Cabin needs to be modern!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never made one either. The cover quilt is definitely enticing!

      Delete
  2. I ~heart~ you. And yes, that spidey quilt is in the book. It's called Effie's Web. Story about the name of that quilt to follow in a private email for it's not G-rated. Ahem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love that quilt. I'm sure it was named after your great-great-grandmother Euphemia... Right? ;)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. There is definitely one in there I know I'll make and I rarely use other people's patterns.

      Delete
  4. Looks good! Thanks for telling us about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Think this one's going to be shelf worthy!

    ReplyDelete