Thursday, August 2, 2012

bloggers bom #11



Here is block #11 from the Bloggers' BOM organized by Jackie. This beautiful split Ohio Star comes from Ms. Bumblebeans herself Victoria. I love this block and can see many possibilities for exploration with it... Like my others it is made from lots o' dots and KF scraps. May have to make this one over as my points are going to get chopped off slightly when the quilt is assembled. Have no idea where I went wrong but it was one of those sewing days when I couldn't do a thing right. It actually took me three tries to cut a simple 4" square out of one of the fabrics. I knocked the iron off the table and tripped over the dog. Anyone who lives near me will be pleased to know that I don't need to drive today. If this morning is any indication, operating a car does not seem like a good idea... All one can do is laugh!

10 comments:

  1. Ha Ha - we all have those crazy days!! Love the polka dots, great combo on this block.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ellen! Don't know what's going on today. Glad I don't fly a commercial jet for a living!

      Delete
  2. I love your white with the Kaffe prints. And I love cut-off points!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thanks LeeAnn! Guess the unfussy cut colliding dots don't bother you either... ;)

      Delete
  3. Staying home to sew sounds like heaven to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, although at this rate I'll sew over my hand! Hope you get a stolen sewing day soon too!

      Delete
  4. Oh my, what a day!
    I hope things improve soon!
    I need to get going on my block #11 too.
    seeing yours is a good reminder :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks N! Yesterday was a weird and thankfully rare one. Look forward to seeing your #11!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've had those days! LOL! Your block looks fun!

    ReplyDelete