Friday, July 13, 2012

color challenges #14 maroon and #15 lime green...


maroon...






Here are color challenges #14 maroon and #15 lime green. The first block was trickier as I thought I disliked this color and wouldn't have enough to make it. The block ended up being like Victoria's, one of my favorites. Inspired by wine colored Zinnias, I added hints of orange, pink, green and turquoise and a fair bit of black. The starter fabric is on the lower left with the added fabrics.






lime green...





This block was lots of fun to make because I love lime green in every form. This color is cool and juicy just like its namesake. To my starter fabric on the lower left I added some yellow, teal, leaf green and some salmon as an accent. This series of color challenges has been so much fun. I can't believe I'll be posting my last one next week and hopefully the long lost orange block too...





4 comments:

  1. Both blocks are great - can't wait to see your quilt put together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ellen! It may be awhile because I have this elaborate plan for the way I want to put them together...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Victoria! Your color challenge series has been a blast...

    ReplyDelete