Tuesday, July 24, 2012

color challenge #16 kelly green... and long lost #6 orange...






Well here is my final color challenge block #16 kelly green as well as my long lost #6 orange block. I love both these colors. Like in my other blocks, the starter fabric from my "to donate" bag is on the lower left with my added fabrics. Can't believe this is the last of the series! The way these blocks will be joined is kind of complicated and involves much more sewing so it will be some time before this quilt is finished and a photo posted... 







and here is orange...










These challenges were so much fun to participate in. They made me think about colors that I'm naturally drawn to, those I'm decidedly not and how important it is to stretch one's own perceptions and break out of routines. There are no bad colors- who knew? Thanks so much to Victoria and everyone involved!


8 comments:

  1. Your colour blocks are so beautiful, isn't if fun to play with all that colour? Can't wait to see them all together. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cathy! Yes, playing with color is pure joy...

      Delete
  2. Now I find it fascinating that you can take so many different fabrics that include a wide variety of colors and get them to turn out Kelly Green. This has been a great study in color. And the orange block is a knock-out! How could you lose it? It must dazzle in the dark!
    best, nadia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks N! The challenge series was a great way to use up a bin of scraps. As for misplacing the orange block, my space is a mess with a dozen projects and piles of fabric everywhere. With limited time at night, I can either clean or sew. You can imagine which option wins!

      Delete
  3. Very cool blocks and lots of color going on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly! It's been tons of fun making them...

      Delete
  4. I love your block for the color challenge - 15 min of play. What is it or could you send it? I can imagine all sorts of things made with it. What is your eventual quilt going to look like?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I drafted the block from a tile pattern and wrote about it here with measurements for different sizes:
      http://fiberchic.blogspot.ca/2012/07/tile-block-tutorial.html
      Am thinking about some pieced sashing to finish the quilt but the plan may get simpler I want to finish the quilt sooner rather than later!

      Delete