Friday, June 22, 2012

color challenge #12... mint green...






This weeks color challenge is mint green. I was inspired by the most delightful place on the east coast of Canada a town called Lunenburg in Nova Scotia. It is like a teeny tiny San Francisco filled with very ornate Victorian houses all painted in the most unusual color combinations. Mint green to me means one particular building down by the harbor. To the mint green I added hints of red, lilac, pink and mustard. Really enjoyed playing with a blue based green and will definitely use it again as it seems so fresh. My starter fabric is on the lower left...




The corner of King Street and Bluenose Drive...


4 comments:

  1. Love mint green....this is a lovley block. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colors and patterns remind me of the "sunroom" in my aunt's house, an island paradise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Must be quite the room! I never knew I liked mint green before this challenge...

      Delete