Thursday, May 24, 2012

color challenge #7... dusty blue...







Fairly recently, we moved to a home with a huge garden after years in an Edwardian house with a postage stamp sized lot. Have really caught the gardening bug so lately my blocks all seem to be reminiscent of flowers. This "dusty blue" challenge block is inspired by the hydrangea. I added more blues, brown, green and little bits of fuchsia.

Here are the added fabrics with the starter on the lower left...







Am having lots of fun playing with my scraps to make these blocks. I've misplaced my challenge #6 "orange" block so will post that one tomorrow. Now on to #8 which is rust. It is never too late to join in. You can read about the challenges here.

8 comments:

  1. I really should join this challenge, so great to think outside the usual colour square! I'm loving all of your colour blocks, this hydrangea one is a beauty. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cathy. You should join... You'll blow us all out of the water!!!

      Delete
  2. Hydrangeas are some of my favorites--both the flower and the color! Love your block, as usual!

    I have been nominated for a Liebster Blog Award by Sew Sleepless. Because I love your work I'd like to nominate you. It's an award for small blogs (less than 200 followers). It's a fun way to network and bring small blogs together! A Liebster means "dearest" or "favorite" in German. As a recipient you are expected to:

    Thank the person that nominated you and link back to them.
    Present the award to five other blogs
    Let them know by commenting on their blog
    Post the award on your blog The artwork is out there on the web.
    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ellie... Am honored to be nominated by you but am afraid I have already been given the Liebster award. Thank you again anyway!

      Delete
  3. wonderful block and beautiful blue !

    ReplyDelete