Saturday, April 14, 2012

color challenge #2...bumble beans inc...





OCHRE...



This week's challenge was ochre or "baby poo" as my friend (and a newly minted mother) said. Well, one person's "ick" is another person's "ooh la la ". Had fun this week as ochre is one of my faves. Think it looks great with almost anything! I have many visual associations with this color but my block this week was inspired by Provence. The design is based on an antique tile. I used a fat quarter from a bin of fabric that I was going to donate with some Kaffe Fassett scraps to sew the block. Since my mauve also came from this bin of uglies am thinking that I better hang on to it until Victoria's challenge is over as odds are something needed will be in there!

Here is the starter fabric...



Here are the added fabrics...





Am really enjoying these exercises and the relaxing nature of making my own fabric... Looking forward to the next color challenge! Check out everyone else's blocks...


Also, if you are interested in participating in my blog anniversary giveaway please click and read the post here.

6 comments:

  1. I took a class from Sue Spargo many years ago, and she said "Every quilt needs a little cheddar." (with her accent it came out 'ched-dah'). I agree! To me your ochre looks like cheddah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is more mustardy than my camera will photograph... lol. How lucky are you to have taken a workshop with Sue Spargo?#!! I would love to hear her say "ched-dah" in person!

      Delete
  2. Wonderful block! I love how you can take a bunch of random fabrics and make them all work together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Robin! You should go to www.15minutesplay.com every Wed and join in the challenge. It is lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great and I actually like that color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Last weeks mauve was more of a challenge for me but everyone's tastes are different...

      Delete