Sunday, February 19, 2012

tempted to crochet...




Crochet is one fiber art I have yet to master. Every so often I see a pattern that makes me want to try it. The colorful throw designed by Cécile Balladino pictured above appears in the latest issue of Marie Claire Idées. This is one of my favorite magazines ever. It is published in French but with all the internet translators and instructions that are mostly pictorial most people can figure the patterns out. Marie Claire Idées is filled with killer cross stitch, knitting, crochet, embroidery, patchwork and sewing projects as well as great features on fashion, interior design, travel and delicious recipes. As one might expect from a French publication the photography is stunning and the projects are incredibly stylish and charming. You can order single issues or subscriptions here.




Projects using African fabrics...






9 comments:

  1. I can see why you love the crocheted throw so much. Wow, she does awesome work. I went over and checked out her web page.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her work is so fun and different... Glad you enjoyed the link!

      Delete
  2. I love Marie Claire Idees and used to buy it whenever I was in France but didn't know I could get it sent here so I've just subscribed! Hurray!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Prepare to be enslaved by beauty! I can no longer just fry an egg without feeling that it should be prepared by being steamed in a hand carved zucchini (courgette) bowl with creme fraiche and hand picked peas...

      Delete
  3. Thanks a lot Fiberchick, merci! You can also dowload issues on Marie Claire Idees web site. Greetings from France.
    Cecile

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bienvenue and Welcome Cecile... Je suis honore! Your work is AMAZING...

      Delete
    2. That is Cécile... Je suis honoré! Special thanks to the divine Ms. E who taught me how to add punctuation accents on my Mac. Now if only I could get rid of auto-spelling...

      Delete
  4. I am always tempted too, even though I don't know how to crochet, they are just so pretty!
    I love that magazine and always flip through it at Barnes and Noble, lots of inspiration to be found

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crochet is supposed to be easy to learn and relaxing. It would certainly make watching TV more productive! Good to know that MCI is available at Barnes & Noble. It is widely distributed in Canada (bilingual country) but seems to be scarce west of the Mississippi in the US.

    ReplyDelete