Tuesday, February 7, 2012

quilt interior...



I promised a peek at my latest project but thought I would share something with a more universal appeal. Am reading the most intriguing book about Gloria Vanderbilt. Such is my obsession with all things quilty, that my favorite parts of the book so far are the interior shots of 2 of her homes particularly those of her NYC master bedroom. She literally covered every square inch of this room in patchwork- ceiling, walls and even the floor! It is simply magnificent... And to my minimalist friends probably somewhat horrifying... Would love to translate this concept into my more modern home.

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. My husband's response is less enthusiastic- more along the lines of "over my dead body"...

      Delete
  2. If you are Gloria Vanderbuilt, you have thousands of rooms to decorate and can step out on a ledge of creativity. How fun that she chose quilts for this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point Nedra! I do like to fantasize that she "Mod Podged" that floor herself with a young Anderson Cooper but know it is not likely... :)

      Delete
  3. Hi, Susannah. Yeah, it's cool to look at...but if you're Gloria Vanderbilt you have a variety of bedrooms to sleep in. I'm not sure I could take it every night--lot of action going on there--quick turn out the lights! Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting!
    best, nadia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Nadia the consensus seems to be that you would need a calmer alternate...

      Delete