Friday, December 2, 2011

what's up next: lilys quilts fresh sewing day and small blog meet...


Lynne of Lilys Quilts has this generous philosophy of introducing small bloggers to a larger audience and in general encouraging people to check out each others projects. Have grabbed her buttons and will introduce myself as a new quilter by saying that I generally like a mix of clean graphic traditional blocks made up in bright and/or modern fabrics. Inspired by this glorious reproduction of a vintage quilt by Laurie Simpson that appeared in Quiltmania magazine and by Kelly at Pinkadot Quilts one of my upcoming projects is going to be a Lone Star. It will be far simpler than the one above and loosely based on the palette in this almost obscenely cheerful fabric. The trick will be sneaking in the time to sew over the next few weeks...

17 comments:

  1. I have made this quilt when it first came out in American Patchwork and Quilting it is great to pull all the fabrics and do something so creative, I really can`t wait to see what fabrics will inspire you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you really??? Please post a picture! I'd love to see it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that fabric. It is going to be so cool. I have not worked on my lone star for quite a while. You have me inspired to get back to it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for following me and I am now following you!! I look forward to getting to know you. Hugs to you-- Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Kelly and welcome Sandie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh that quilt will look fabulous in those colours, can't wait to see more. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great to meet you! I popped over from the small blog meet, and hope you can swing by mine at http://thepewteracorn.blogspot.com.

    Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow I love the inspiration pic and the palette; this is going to be a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Lynne. I hope so. Am so busy these days that am starting to feel like an imaginary quilter...

    ReplyDelete
  10. i really want to make a Lone Star someday. not quite brave enough yet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm nervous too... More guts than glory!

    ReplyDelete
  12. If you can cut a straight cut and a good 1/4in and be consistant anyone can make it...go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. If that is all it takes I can do it... Thanks for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now that looks like it will be a fun quilt with your color palette. I've hopped over from Lily's Quilts by way of her links.

    ReplyDelete