Friday, December 16, 2011

bloggers BOM Block #3...


Finally sewed the 3rd block of the Bloggers Quilt Along! This one was designed by Stephanie Dunphy from Loft Creations. I've been asked if the colliding dots in all my blocks bother me. I did toy with the idea of fussy cutting so that the patterns matched perfectly but decided against doing so mainly because that level of attention to detail would kill all the fun of making this quilt. Am taking my cue from past decades of quilters who never worried about such things...

11 comments:

  1. Great color choices!! Many hugs to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sandra! A block a month is a good pace...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great philosophy to go by! Makes for a much more interesting quilt. I love the block!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Huh? What?? What colliding dots? I would not have even noticed if you hadn't mentioned them. There is an old saying that if you can't notice quilt errors from a galloping horse, then let them be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Nedra and Jackie. One should adopt your "galloping horse" philosophy in lots of areas of life. It is a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Smart thnkin', ladyface. Love this block. Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The colors you picked are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really cool block--I like the colliding dots! lovely fabrics.
    best from Tunisia, nadia

    ReplyDelete