Wednesday, October 19, 2011

and i'm back...




Have no real excuse for my absence except that I live in a 4 season climate. At this time of year the days get shorter and cooler. Simultaneously, the days are also busier and busier. In autumn, I am both restless and lethargic and would always like to take a long nap in a nice bowl of pasta... 

Must apologize for the lousy photos. The colors are so off as to be almost unrecognizable. Anyway, work continues on the charity quilt. Due to my ever constant and annoying inability to follow instructions I can't claim that this is Anita Grossman Soloman's technique any longer but the results of my mistakes still have an air of familiarity about them. So without violating anyone's copyright, will say that I have been sewing lots of strips to make these... 



Cutting them twice on the diagonal and reconstructing the pieces to turn them into these...



Am hoping of course to arrange the blocks into something more pleasing. I am not entirely loving this but as a visiting friend so winningly put it: "The colors are very subtle for you. I think a normal person will really like it"... NORMAL?#@!!

Was not quite sure how to take this comment... I did: however, laugh heartily!


2 comments:

  1. Am I normal because I like it?
    Welcome back and I think we all need a blog nap now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are not normal Nedra... You are exceptional!

    ReplyDelete