Wednesday, September 7, 2011

why quilts matter...



I can't remember where I first read about this DVD set but many thanks to whichever site it was. "Why Quilts Matter" is a 2 disc set of 9 episodes for PBS that is both educational and highly entertaining. It was produced and is hosted by Shelly Zegart. She is a founding member of both The Kentucky Quilt Project and The Alliance For American Quilts. I've only watched 2 episodes so far and have found both fascinating. The series strikes the perfect balance between being scholarly and fun. While primarily about quilting in the US, this series is appealing to anyone who loves quilts. It is the best quilt related purchase I've made in awhile...

5 comments:

  1. I am hoping this comes to my PBS channel but might have to buy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bought the DVDs because I did not want to have to fight for viewing time or worse have the PVR screw up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never heard of this - I'll have to check it out! Thanks for sharing - I love history and LOVE to learn about the evolution of art of quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll have to check this out. Sounds really good. Let me recommend the documentary Quilts In Women's Lives. It's awesome and it makes me cry every time I watch it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your DVD recommendation Sherri!

    ReplyDelete