Friday, September 23, 2011

i heart harbor freight...


Have tried and bought every gizmo that claims to sharpen rotary blades. At best, these gadgets may extend their life a bit. I've resigned myself to buy new only after a blade is so dull it won't cut the fabric but is still sharp enough to slip and cut an artery or slice off my finger. Inexplicably, I hang on to these old blades in case the next sharpener that comes out that I buy actually works... Am not sure if I'm the last person on the planet to find out about this product as there seems to be a ton of online forum chat about it all dated a year ago. Harbor Freight sells packs of carpet cutter replacement blades regularly 2 for $1.79 and currently on sale for $1.49. Who cares... you say? Well, these blades are exactly like a rotary cutter blade and fit most 45mm models. As someone who is generally thrilled to buy a single blade for $5, this passes for pretty exciting news in my world! Also they ship both domestically and internationally! I can't wait to try them out...

9 comments:

  1. I've been using these for a year now (actually, two of them lasted a year!) and they work as well, maybe even better than the (ahem) "brand name" ones. I cut everything with these, including tons of fleece and batting remnants which get cut into noodles for stuffing for kitty beds at the humane society. You won't be sorry you bought them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. please let us know how they work! how sharp are they and are they just as good as the olfa blades. this is the best news! especially from someone that is always cutting into 3-8 layers of fabric

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Fran... I'm glad you like these blades as I bought a whack of them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, I've got to check these blades out. I change mine very frequently on account of carpal tunnel issues - then I'm in Mexico and it is very difficult to even buy the blades down here or if I can find them they cost very very much.....anyway, Hey thanks for commenting on my blog....it really has been too long between posts..... I love your blog you have lots of good info!! I will probably buy the book you mentioned - I'm fascinated by the cover quilt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Mariella...We are mutual fans!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - thanks for passing this resource on. I've never heard of it before.

    ReplyDelete