Wednesday, September 28, 2011

bom block#1


                                                                                                         
Here is my first block of the Bloggers BOM organized by Jackie of Canton Village Quilt Works. The designer list reads like a who's who of the quilting world and I really look forward to seeing the block for each month. The first month was created by Sherri from a A Quilting Life. Have decided to make my quilt out of yellow, orange, hot pink and a bit of red Kaffe Fassett scraps with lots of pale blue or lavender polka dots to cool things down. So far am pleased but my block ended up a bit small. My sewing machine is misbehaving and the feed dogs are grabbing the fabric in an odd and aggressive way. I may redo it but more likely will just fudge my seam allowances at the end of the quilt along. It is is not too late to join this fun BOM and you can sign up here!

8 comments:

  1. Oh I love it! That Kaffe red and yellow and orange look fabulous with the lavender circles! So glad you are joining in. I must get my first block made too. Make sure you add your gorgeous block over at flickr: http://www.flickr.com/groups/bloggersbom/ xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cathy! Just added it to the pool. Sew your block soon so I can coo over it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This block is just awesome!! The brilliant color of the Kaffe fabrics against that fantastic polka dot is just too cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Jackie! Am honored you think so... Your BOM is going to be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your block. Great!!!!!! Hugs-- Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you use your own Kaffe fabric or must the fabric be purchased in order to participate? I have lots of Kaffe fabric and easily could "play" along with what I already have.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am using what I already own. Judging by the Flickr pool there are lots of people participating who are not even using Kaffe fabrics.

    ReplyDelete