Wednesday, September 21, 2011

anita grossman soloman book...


One of my favorite shows to watch online is The Quilt Show. Alex Anderson and Ricky Tims always have such a variety of guests who differ greatly in their patchwork styles from traditional to studio to art. I love learning new techniques and one of the most intriguing ones was demonstrated recently by Anita Grossman Solomon. After the episode, I immediately ordered her book  "Rotary Cutting Revolution". In her Xcentric Quilt (pictured above) striped fabric does all the work. The blocks are basically quarter square triangles. Am thinking for my BASICS quilt I'm going to try my own variation. Am going to scale the blocks up and make my own striped fabric with strips of different widths. Hopefully my take on AGS's technique will be simple to sew but equally visually arresting...

2 comments:

  1. Wow! This does look like a cool book. Thanks for letting us know about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My pleasure...Ever since I got my Accuquilt I'm always looking for things to do with it that are not too cookie cutter...

    ReplyDelete