Tuesday, August 2, 2011

farmer's wife quilt... 2 down... 18 to catch up...



Am feeling irritable... Maybe it is the heat but sewing was frustrating today. My intention in this project is to combine Kaffe Fassett scraps with a variety of solids. Am worried that the large scale prints won't work with the piecing. Will have to see... Here are Blocks 1 and 5 of my FW Quilt. The 6" blocks in this project with all their tiny bits may be to quilting what socks are to the knitting world. I mean you can knit almost 1/2 a sweater in the time it takes to make a single sock. Had a free afternoon and was convinced I could bang out at least 8-10 blocks and managed two. I won't bore you with the litany of all the things that went wrong... Grumble, grumble, grumble.... Well as the character Scarlett O' Hara so famously said in Gone With The Wind:
 "Tomorrow is another day"....

4 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about troublesome blocks. I have a sunflower quilt with lots of tiny blocks and lot of seams. It is now sitting in a corner waiting for me to get back to trying to get everything to match up. Good work, and I really like your blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Beth. Am going to really try to get lots done this weekend. Right now am not finding them particularly relaxing!
    Susannah

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my favorite sayings! Love Scarlett!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too... I've seen GWTW so many times it is scary and I never get sick of it!

    ReplyDelete