Saturday, May 28, 2011

very little sewing...

Have not sewn much at all because am so busy with regular life and injured family member. Did manage to finish and send off this block to the lovely and talented Victoria for her signature quilt. I designed the block from a photo of a tile in one of the million interior design books piled up around our mid-reno and never-to-be-finished house. The tile translated really easily into patchwork. This block is 6 1/2" but I may scale it up, change the background and make a bed size quilt out of all my blue Kaffe Fassett fabrics...

3 comments:

  1. Oy my - this is yummy! Is there anything better than Kaffe's fabric?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed... Could buy it by the bolt if I didn't have to do mundane things like pay the mortgage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great block!! Looks like tiles can be great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete